Senior Visual Experience Designer
You are creative, passionate about design and dedicated to making the complicated feel simple. You realize that the more you understand and master user experience design principles, the better your visual executions will be. You are innovative, curious and experimental, and absolutely dedicated to the feeling you get when you create something elegant, beautiful and useful. You're more than a graphic designer, an interface designer, or a wireframe painter. You believe the visual language of a system gives meaning to the entire digital experience. You are always thinking about the human on the other end of your designs and are passionate about color, typography, and hierarchy for all the same reasons you care about accessibility, efficiency, and user experience. You create stunning visual experiences.
If this sounds like you, maybe you are Mad*Pow's next Senior Visual Experience Designer. Our greatest asset is our people, and we are seeking a talented, passionate and multifaceted designer who has impressive visual design skills and is excited to take on new challenges and grow professionally. And, of course, our perfect match is looking for a new, enthusiastic relationship with an energetic agency.
This is a full time position offering a fun and exciting working environment in a rapidly growing company, competitive salary and great benefits. We will only look at candidates who can commute to our office in Boston, MA.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Leading, managing or providing senior leadership on large and/or highly complex client engagements
- Understanding and translating sketches into usable and beautiful designed interfaces
- Effectively collaborating with Experience Designers, Content Strategists, Developers and Clients throughout a project lifecycle
- Conceptualizing, creating and/or extending a “visual system” – including brand elements such as colors, typography, layout and tone – and summarizing in style guides
- Demonstrate mastery of a given subject area by interpreting trends, identifying opportunities for the company, and collaborating with a wide cross section of internal employees on best practices
- Providing mentorship and coaching to other team members on area of expertise
- Leading client-facing meetings and workshops, explaining rationale for design decisions to anyone on the project, including clients from Fortune 100 and 500 companies
- Building and managing relationships with client mid-level managers and project owners
- Contributing to overall company marketing by authoring case studies for projects, participating in industry events, blogging on topics of interest, etc.
- Participating in discourse of professional community for their area of expertise
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years experience with digital design in a professional setting
- Extensive expertise with Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, specifically in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Independent drive and strong attention to detail of creative standards and client needs
- Highly collaborative and eager to participate, able to effectively manage your time and deadlines
- Solid understanding of available UX methodologies
- Awareness of experience design best practices such as, but not limited to, accessibility, performance and usability considerations
- Understanding of responsive/adaptive design principles including rapid iteration process, style tiles and breakpoints and how to consider different displays
- You can dress up once in a while and meet our clients, with a little bit of travel on occasion
- You absolutely love what you do
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Mad*Pow is a design agency that improves the experiences people have with technology, organizations, and each other. Using human-centered design, Mad*Pow creates strong multi-channel experience strategies, intuitive digital experiences and streamlined processes for its clients. Founded in 2000, Mad*Pow has partnered with industry leaders including Cigna, ESPN, Pearson, adidas, John Hancock, Microsoft, and Google. Mad*Pow has received honors for design excellence by the Webby Awards and the W3C. The company has offices in Boston and Portsmouth, NH.
APPLY THROUGH THIS ONLINE PORTAL AND MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE:
- Competitive pay
- Health, vision and dental care
- Retirement account contributions
- Casual dress
- Flexible vacation
- Extended company holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Creative work environment
- A cover letter that highlights why YOU are the next Mad*Power
- Your resume
- Links to either your online portfolio, your live work, or a combination of both (and that should be stuff that you designed)
- Salary requirements