Senior Experience Designer
Although we do not currently have a specific opening for this role, we are always looking for qualified candidates. Please submit an application to be kept on file for any future openings.
As a Senior Experience Designer, you will be joining our team of strategists, researchers and designers to envision and create exceptional experiences. We are seeking a talented, passionate and multifaceted design leader and problem solver who can dive into complicated problem spaces and emerge with simple, elegant solutions. Someone who can communicate ideas to both those unfamiliar with our field as well as with discerning, sometimes skeptical executives. We are looking for someone who can guide projects and teams, be strategic in process and execution, and innovate under imperfect conditions. Most of all, we are looking for someone who can do all this and have a life too – office culture and quality of life and work are top priorities at Mad*Pow.
This is a full time position offering a fun and exciting working environment in a rapidly growing company, competitive salary and great benefits. We will only look at candidates who can commute to our office in Boston, MA.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Creating flows, information architecture diagrams, and interaction concepts for websites, web applications, tablets, and mobile devices
- Leading design efforts and teams to solve challenges for our top tier-one clients, facilitating meetings & workshops, and guiding clients through the overall design process as a trusted advisor.
- Collaborating. Sharing. Thinking. Creating. Revising. Perfecting.
- Participating in design research and insight generation
- Rationalizing and explaining design decisions based on research, best practices, and psychology through storytelling and executive presentations
- Collaborating and communicating directly with other disciplines such as content strategy, visual design and development. Coordinating activities with other groups with an eye toward overall client success.
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years experience with digital design in a professional setting
- Extensive expertise with Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Suite. Axure, prototyping and front end development knowledge a plus.
- Independent drive and strong attention to detail of creative standards and client needs
- Highly collaborative and eager to participate, able to effectively manage your time and deadlines
- Solid understanding of available UX methodologies
- Awareness of experience design best practices such as, but not limited to, accessibility, performance and usability considerations
- Understanding of responsive/adaptive design principles including rapid iteration process, style tiles and breakpoints and how to consider different displays
- You can dress up once in a while and meet our clients, with a little bit of travel on occasion
- You absolutely love what you do
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Mad*Pow is a design agency that improves the experiences people have with technology, organizations, and each other. Using human-centered design, Mad*Pow creates strong multi-channel experience strategies, intuitive digital experiences and streamlined processes for its clients. Founded in 2000, Mad*Pow has partnered with industry leaders including Cigna, ESPN, Pearson, adidas, John Hancock, Microsoft, and Google. Mad*Pow has received honors for design excellence by the Webby Awards and the W3C. The company has offices in Boston and Portsmouth, NH.
- Competitive pay
- Health, vision and dental care
- Retirement account contributions
- Casual dress
- Flexible vacation
- Extended company holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Creative work environment
APPLY THROUGH THIS ONLINE PORTAL AND MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE:
- A cover letter that highlights why YOU are the next Mad*Power
- Your resume
- Links to either your online portfolio, your live work, or a combination of both (and that should be stuff that you designed)
- Salary requirements